29 October 2009

Why I chose INSEAD (from BusinessBecause.com)

Hi Everyone!

I've recently come across a great new online business magazine: BusinessBecause.com. With daily content on all things B-School, they really do cover everything: admissions, developments in the post-MBA job market, faculty and research, even insights into the MBA lifestyle at different schools.

Even though it’s new and still in the process of development, BusinessBecause has quickly become one of my favourite daily reads. I like it because the content is well-written, insightful, and - most importantly - independent. Their articles aren't slanted by school or corporate 'sponsors', and they are not in the 'rankings game' (a topic for a whole other post). In fact, I didn't even know they were covering INSEAD until I actually saw the articles online. Because of this, I think they could be a great resource for all of you out there looking for unbiased information about and insights into the MBA programmes you're considering. (And, I promise the independence works both ways: no they haven't paid me to plug their site!)

Here's an example of what I mean: they have a great series called, 'Why I Chose', where they interview current participants and alumni from various schools and ask them not only about what made them choose their MBA programme over others, but also about their experiences on the programme and if their expectations were met. I know there is a lot of information out there on various MBA Programmes (heck, I write a lot of it!) but, there really is nothing like getting the first hand perspective from people who were weighing up many of the same options you're probably weighing up now.

Early this month, they interviewed Lara Gilman, an American who just graduated from INSEAD this past June and is now working in London. Here's what she has to say about why she chose INSEAD and her year on campus: Why I Chose INSEAD: Recent grad Lara Gilman wanted to meet the world, and chose Europe over the US

No comments: